In these Terms of Website Use, certain words (particularly capitalised ones) may have special meanings. If they do, these special meanings are set out in this "Definitions" section. In these Terms of Website Use:
- "Loss" means any loss or damage and legal costs on a solicitor client basis, however caused either directly or indirectly and includes loss of profits, anticipated savings, lost opportunity, revenue, goodwill or other economic, punitive or consequential loss or damage or for damages for any indirect, incidental, consequential loss which you or any other person may suffer however caused.
- "Linked Websites" means websites of people or organisations other than Drake which are hyperlinked from this Website.
- "Drake" means Drake New Zealand Limited of 6/8 Pioneer St, Henderson, Auckland 0612 or any other entity in the Drake group of companies, and includes any of the directors and employees of Drake or any of its affiliates or any other person contributing to this Website.
- "this Website" means the whole or any part of the web pages located at http://www.drakeintl.com/ (including the layout of this Website; individual elements of the Website design; underlying code elements of this Website; or text, sounds, graphics, animated elements or any other content of this Website).
- "we" and "us" refer to Drake, and "our" has a similar meaning.
Disclaimer of Liability
Drake shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any Loss in connection with use of this Website or a Linked Website or use of, or reliance on, information or software application(s) contained on, and/or accessed through this Website or a Linked Website. This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers but does not attempt to exclude liability in relation to those warranties implied by law and specifically the Fair Trading Act 1986 and similar legislation which cannot be excluded restricted or modified.
Specific Warnings and Disclaimers
You must ensure that your access to this Website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location. We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this Website or a Linked Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems. We do not warrant that your access to this Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected. While we have made every effort to ensure that the information or any software application contained on or accessed through our Website is free from error, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, completeness or fitness for any purpose of this information or software application. In addition, we may, from time to time, change or add to this Website (including these Terms of Website Use) or the information, products or services contained therein without notice. However, we do not undertake to keep this Website updated. We are not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this Website or if that information is not up-to-date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all representations, warranties and other terms are excluded. In circumstances where warranties are implied by law and cannot be excluded, Drake's liability is limited to:
1. In the case of services supplied or offered by Drake,
(a) the supply of the services again, or
(b) the cost of having the services supplied again; and
2. in the case of goods supplied or offered by Drake,
(a) the repair, replacement or reimbursement for the goods supplied by Drake or
(b) the payment of the cost of repair, the replacement or reimbursement of the goods supplied by Drake, at Drake's option.
This Website is our copyright property and copyright in the material on this Website is owned or licenced by us. Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to it only for your personal and non-commercial use. Other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1994 as amended and similar statutes that apply in your location, you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Website, without our written permission.
The trade marks and other Drake products and services referred to in this Website are trade marks of Drake. Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the or ® symbol is a trade mark of Drake. If you use any of our trade marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks; in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this Website).
Nothing in this Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trade mark or part of any trade mark displayed on the Website without the express written permission of Drake or third party owner.
Linked Web Sites
This Website may contain links to Linked Websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. If you follow the links you will depart this Website and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Linked Websites. Links to those Linked Websites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by us of the owners or operators of those Linked Websites, or for any information, graphics, material, products or services referred to on those Linked Websites, even if they contain a Drake logo. Unless stated otherwise on this Website, we have:
(a) no relationship with the owners or operators of those Linked Websites; and
(b) no control over or rights in those Linked Websites.
Product Information and Supply
Material on this Website may contain general information about Drake products and services. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this information:
- does not constitute an offer or inducement to enter into a legally binding contract; and
- does not form part of the terms and conditions for Drake products and services.
Also, you should be aware that some of the product and services Drake publishes on its Website may not be announced or available in your country. Any references to such products or services does not mean that Drake intends to make them available in your country at any time. Please consult your local Drake representative for more information on the availability our products and service.
Drake does not want to receive, either through our Website or otherwise, any information that is confidential or proprietary to you or a third party. You understand and agree that any information that you send to Drake will not be considered confidential by us and will therefore not be treated as such. If you chose to send Drake any information you agree that Drake will, as a result, have the right to adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works based upon the information. In addition, Drake will be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts or techniques you send to us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Drake will not disclose your name or the fact that you provided information to us unless:
- we first receive your consent to use your name;
- we advise you, prior to the publication or use of the information, of our intention to publish or use the information you provided with your name on it; or if we are required to do so by law.
Unless we agree otherwise, your access to this Website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. All restrictions, licences granted by you and all disclaimers and limitations of liability by Drake will survive termination, however, you will no longer be authorised to access the Website.
These Terms of Website Use are governed by the laws in force in New Zealand and by using it, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand and any courts which may hear appeals from those courts in respect of any proceedings in connection with these Terms of Website Use or this Website. Nothing contained in these Terms of Website Use derogates from Drake's right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Website or information provided to or gathered by Drake with respect to that use.